Facing a legal crisis when your family is involved can be stressful and difficult to endure. No parents want to deal with the court system while fighting for the right to see their children. Family law can be difficult to handle on your own. It is important to hire a reputable Scranton, Dickson City, and Moosic family lawyer to represent you and diligently fight by your side. Craig Kalinoski is an experienced family lawyer in Scranton. He works hard for his clients and listens to their needs and desires. He understands that each client’s situation is unique, and each case will need to be handled differently. He will work on his client’s case from beginning to end and is ready to meet any challenges the case may produce.
What Is Family Law?
Any case that involves family relationships falls under family law. It is a broad area of law that can include child custody, reproductive rights, and divorce cases. These types of cases require the help of an experienced attorney who is knowledgeable about family litigation law. The best family law lawyers should have compassion for the clients they work with while handling these kinds of cases.
A Family Law Office You Can Trust
When you hire a Scranton, Dickson City, and Moosic family lawyer here at the Kalinoski Law Offices, you can rest assured that your rights and interests will be protected under the umbrella of the law. Some of the common family law matters we deal with include:
- Child Visitation and Custody – Attorney Craig P. Kalinoski fully understands the importance of the bond between parents and their children. We fight for the rights of our clients to get as much time as possible with their children. Whether you are looking for shared custody, to be the custodial parent, or are wanting to protect your visitation rights, Scranton family lawyer Craig Kalinoski will fight for you and advocate for your rights.
- Divorce – Attorney Kalinoski will make your interests during a divorce proceeding a top priority. We want to work with you to ensure you will be in a good position to begin your new life post-divorce.
- High Asset Divorce – When you have a marriage that created extensive assets, but the marriage failed, you may be concerned about the intricacies of a high asset divorce. Attorney Kalinoski can work with you to determine what your rights are in this complicated process.
- Gray Divorce – Leaving a marriage later in life has complications of its own. If you are going through a gray divorce, it’s important to know the additional factors you may need to consider.
- Annulments – Though both end a marriage, an annulment and a divorce are different. Unlike a traditional divorce, an annulment is a legal proceeding that further declares that a marriage was invalid or void, via court order.
- Separation Agreements – A legally-bound civil contract between spouses to resolve their personal matters including division of property, debts, custody, and child and spousal support. Separation agreements are often a starting point for couples who are considering a divorce but need an adjustment period. Attorney Kalinoski can walk you through the separation agreement process to formalize the terms of your separation and ensure both parties’ needs are met.
- Child Support – Child support is a tricky subject that plagues many divorcing couples. Spouses often wonder how much support is needed to take care of a child. Unfortunately, it is often found that divorcing couples forget that child support money is meant to take care of the child and not the ex-spouse.
- Child Relocation – Our law firm can help custodial parents wanting to move. We can also help parents whose ex-spouses are trying to move without their consent.
- Spousal Support – When you hire us for your divorce, we will research your case thoroughly to find ways to obtain a fair agreement for spousal support. If necessary, we will support you through litigation.
- Abuse Protection – If there is abuse in your household, we will protect your rights as an individual. If you have been falsely accused of violating PFA orders, contempt of violating PFA orders, or falsely accused of domestic abuse, let us represent you.
- Division of Marital Assets – During a divorce, the division of marital assets and debts can be complex. Our approach is solutions-oriented to allow fair results for both parties.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements – Our services include creating contracts that are legally binding to help determine each person’s rights and obligations when it comes to splitting premarital property and spousal support.
- Modifications– We can help parents petition the courts for modifications of visitation agreements, custody agreements, or child support.
- Grandparent Rights – Our law firm works with grandparents looking to petition the court for custody of children or who are looking to protect their relationships with their grandchildren.
- Termination of Parental Rights – Parental rights may be terminated for various reasons, such as adoption, criminal charges/sentencing, or the presence of abuse or imminent danger to children. If you believe that the termination of parental rights must occur or you are currently in the midst of a parental rights case, you need Kalinoski Law Offices, P.C.
- Paternity Rights – In some cases, the rights of the birth father may be overlooked when other legal issues arise. However, our Scranton, Dickson City, and Moosic family lawyer knows that fathers have rights to their children. If you have questions about your paternity rights, Attorney Kalinoski can help.
- Parental Alienation – Many parents don’t realize that their ex is manipulating their children. But when a child’s behavior begins to change, you may wonder if parental alienation is occurring. If you believe your ex is manipulating your child, you need an experienced family law attorney who will fight for you.
Let a Scranton Family Lawyer Help You Achieve Your Goals
Our family law firm is committed to achieving the desired outcome of your case. We will thoroughly examine all of your options before we create a strong legal strategy that can meet your objectives. For more information, contact our Scranton, Dickson City, and Moosic family law firm for a free initial consultation.