Prevent Costly Mistakes with A Scranton Divorce Lawyer
One of the biggest risks of going through a divorce is that it can be very expensive if handled incorrectly. Representing yourself may seem like a good idea to avoid the high costs of hiring a divorce attorney, but think again. Not having knowledgeable counsel to develop a strong legal strategy can be financially careless. You need a lawyer who can protect your long-term interests and get you what is rightfully yours in a timely manner.
When hired, Kalinoski Law Offices P.C. commits to putting you in the best possible position to begin your post-divorce life. That means this Scranton divorce attorney advocates on your behalf for a fair agreement regarding:
- Child custody or visitation
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Division of marital assets
- Any other matters that require resolving
Why You Need an Experienced Divorce Lawyer
Building a strong financial foundation for your life after a divorce can be a huge hurdle to overcome. Many people struggle with the shift from a dual-income household to a single-income household. The best divorce lawyers will work closely with a client to tackle this challenge, and Attorney Kalinoski is no exception.
If during the marriage, you focused more time on raising your children rather than building your career, you will get the alimony agreement that you deserve while you retrain for a new profession. Conversely, if you were the main wage earner of the marriage, we work to seek an equitable solution that protects your finances.
Divorce is not the only option.
Many people fear the ugly courtroom appearance that tries to break apart bonds that not all that long ago were so strong. The reality is that many divorcing couples do not hold anger or resentment, rather two people fell out of love and grew apart. And, divorce can look different for everyone. People have different reasons for sticking a bad marriage out, whether it is for their children, issues with communication and transfer of benefits, or simply because they didn’t have the finances to leave their partner.
That is why Scranton divorce attorney Craig Kalinoski will help you determine what is the best solution to your marriage struggles. Attorney Kalinoski can assist you with:
- Collaborative Divorce
- Separation Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Grey Divorce
- High Asset Divorce
- And more.
We know how complicated the process can be, that’s why we’ll work hard to ensure the court meets the needs of your family, as well as yours in your new post-divorce life.
Types Of Pennsylvania Divorce
In Pennsylvania, there are four types of divorce that you can file. They are:
- Mutual Consent: This is the most common form of divorce. During a mutual consent divorce, both parties have within 90 days of the complaint being served to file an affidavit to consent to the divorce. During that period, the couple and their representation will create an agreement about custody, support, alimony, and property distribution.
- One-Year Separation Divorce: If one party does not sign the divorce affidavit, the other party can wait until the couple has been separated for one year. Then they can sign an affidavit confirming the one-year separation. If the other party does not sign but doesn’t file a counter-affidavit, the court can still grant a divorce.
- Fault Divorce: During this type of divorce, the plaintiff must prove that he or she is innocent of wrongdoing while the defendant is at fault. This may include showing adultery, endangerment, imprisonment, etc.
- Mental Institution: The court can grant a divorce if the defendant has been in a mental institution for 18 months due to insanity or another series of mental disorders and expects to remain there for at least 18 additional months.
Reaching a Fair Agreement Before Stepping Into the Courtroom
With a track record of success in Lackawanna County, divorce attorney Craig P. Kalinoski has proven his abilities as both a tough negotiator and an experienced litigator who earns fair resolutions. This allows clients to have more control over important decisions so that they can reach an agreement. Putting these decisions in the hands of a judge can lead to extended and expensive trials.
If a fair agreement isn’t met through the negotiation process, Attorney Kalinoski will fight for your rights in court. Clients have the best chance of reaching a resolution through negotiations since he is always prepared to go to court if need be.
Attorney Craig Kalinoski: Scranton Divorce Attorney
Choosing a divorce attorney in Scranton is a complicated process, especially as you navigate the emotions of ending your marriage. But know if you have Kalinoski Law Offices on your side, you have nothing to worry about. Attorney Kalinoski has both the legal experience and empathy and compassion needed to get you through this trying time. If you are ready to begin the divorce process, contact the Scranton divorce attorney, Craig Kalinoski, today.