Obtain The Personal Injury Damages You Deserve
If you’re the victim of an accident due to reckless behavior or unsafe conditions, call Scranton personal injury lawyer Craig Kalinoski. He can seek damages for medical bills, disability, or mental or physical anguish from your injury, including scarring and disfigurement. Located in downtown Scranton, our office provides services for clients suffering from personal injury cases all across Pennsylvania, especially in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Wayne, Pike, and Monroe counties.
Whether your injury is from reckless behavior, dangerous conditions, a workplace accident, or negligence by a healthcare professional, you need an ally who will hold the responsible party liable. Kalinoski Law Offices can help you even in cases of wrongful death, medical malpractice, and product liability.
What are Personal Injury Cases?
Personal injury cases are when someone’s negligence directly or indirectly leads to someone else suffering an injury to their person or property. These can be due to a mistake made by a medical professional, an accident at work, someone’s negligence while driving, and more.
Negligence is the keyword, meaning the failure to take proper care in doing something, or failure to use reasonable care. If you believe your injury or a loved one’s was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have a personal injury case.
Types of Personal Injury
We categorize personal injury cases into several types, including medical malpractice, injury accidents, and product liability. We handle the following personal injury claims.
- Medical Negligence: From medical and dental malpractice to birth injuries and cancer misdiagnosis.
- Nursing Home Abuse: This type of negligence can be found in many different ways, including sexual abuse or inappropriate touching; assault; psychological abuse; emotional abuse or intimidation; gross negligence; physical punishment; improper use of restraints; inappropriate use of drugs; bedsores; dehydration; and lack of supervision.
- Automobile Accidents: Covering cases involving vehicular injury, including car accidents; boating accidents; motorcycle accidents; tractor-trailer accidents; bicycle accidents; and ridesharing accidents.
- Premises Liability: If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation. Such claims include animal attacks and dog bites; construction accidents; slip and fall accidents; asbestos or toxic exposure.
- Workplace Accidents: Receiving an injury while on the job entitles the employee to compensation through the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. However, many employers may refuse to submit your claim. The insurance company may even make you go back to work before you are healthy and ready to work. If that’s the case, then you will need the help of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.
- Defective Medical Devices/Drug Recalls: If you or a loved one was injured by a defective device or a dangerous drug, then you have the right to file a claim against the manufacturer.
- Product Defects: When a product or a mechanism in a commercial product fails, leading to someone’s injury. This can be a car mechanism leading to a car crash, a food product with a poisonous ingredient, or a mask with a crack in it. This can lead to another type of accident.
Furthermore, the type and amount of compensation you can receive will depend on the nature of your case. Common examples of damages are:
- Medical expenses, including emergency treatment, hospital stays, prescription drug costs, rehabilitation, at-home care, etc.
- Economic injuries, such as lost wages due to missing work and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property destruction
- Wrongful death
- If the court determines that the negligent party’s actions were malicious, then you can receive punitive damages
Contact Kalinoski Law’s Scranton Personal Injury Lawyer For Help
No one should have to cover the costs of an injury someone else brought on them. Whether it’s due to a car accident, medical malpractice, a workplace accident, or worse, don’t lose your own savings trying to cover medical bills and lost wages. We will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you’re unsure if you have a personal injury claim, we can talk. We offer free consultations so you lose nothing by getting legal advice for your situation. To see if you have a personal injury claim, contact Scranton personal injury lawyer Craig Kalinoski today at (570) 207-4000 and schedule a free initial consultation.