Obtain The Personal Injury Damages You Deserve
If you’ve been the victim of an accident due to reckless behavior or unsafe conditions, and you sustain an injury that’s left you with medical bills, a disability, or mental or physical anguish, call Scranton personal injury attorney Craig Kalinoski. Located in Downtown Scranton, our office provides services for clients all across Pennsylvania, especially in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Wayne, Pike, and Monroe counties.
Whether your injury is sustained by dangerous behavior, dangerous conditions, a workplace accident, or negligence by a healthcare professional, you need an ally who will fight to make sure that the responsible party is held liable.
We handle the following personal injury claims:
- Automobile Accidents: Covering cases involving vehicular injury, including car accidents; boating accidents; motorcycle accidents; tractor-trailer accidents; bicycle accidents; and ridesharing accidents.
- Medical Negligence: From medical and dental malpractice to birth injuries and cancer misdiagnosis
- Nursing Home Abuse: This type of negligence can be found in many different ways including sexual abuse or inappropriate touching; psychological abuse; emotional abuse or intimidation; gross negligence; physical punishment; improper use of restraints; inappropriate use of drugs; bedsores; dehydration; and Lack of supervision.
- Defective Medical Devices/Drug Recalls: If you or a loved one was injured by a defective device or a dangerous drug, you have the right to file a claim against the manufacturer.
- Premises Liability: If you have been injured on someone else’s property you may be entitled to compensation. Such claims include animal attacks and dog bites; construction accidents; slip and fall accidents; asbestos or toxic exposure.
- Workplace Accidents: Receiving an injury while on the job entitles the employee to compensation through the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. However, many employers may refuse to submit your claim or the insurance company will make you go back to work before you are fully healed. If that’s the case, you will need the help of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.
The type and amount of compensation you might be entitled to will depend on the nature of your case. Common examples of damages are:
- Medical expenses, including emergency treatment, hospital stays, prescription drug costs, rehabilitation, at-home care, etc.
- Economic injuries, such as lost wages due to missing work and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property destruction
- If the court determines that the negligent party’s actions were particularly malicious, you might be awarded punitive damages